Lots going on as the boys discuss a difficult week for two of England's white ball teams as the Men and the Women U19s both suffer defeats. But, better news for for Ben Stokes and Nat Sciver-Brunt though as they both won at the Cricketer of the Year awards. And Dan responds to a bad review that called him "self-important"...whilst wearing a poncho. Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
It's official. Steve Smith is going to be Finny's team mate later this season at Sussex and Toby wants to have a bowl at him in the nets... If that wasn't enough, we have an exclusive news story and high from his exploits with the kazoo last episode, Dan explains how he is somehow currently one of the greatest fantasy football players in the world... Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
Finny is back in England, very jet-lagged and more miserable than ever bless him... Once again, Mankads are the hot topic of discussion as the boys dive in. Finny discusses his biggest eve drubbing off the back of India thrashing Sri Lanka, a multi-million dollar deal has been signed for a women's T20 league and Daniel plays ABBA on a kazoo. What other cricket podcast is going to give you all this?! Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
Finny is back! He joins from Australia as the ZDG boys discuss the return of Jofra Archer. They also chat about people who buy homes next to cricket grounds, shadow batting and the time a stray arrow got Middlesex relegated! Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
With Finny away in Australia, Toby and Dan are joined by TRIPLE Ashes winner Graeme Swann! Swanny discusses his hatred of Mankads, how to deal with the Aussies this coming summer, how much he enjoyed getting David Warner out and a brilliant story about Finny, complete with impression! Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
That's the century up! Our 100th episode is the usual mix of nonsense and cricket. Finny, Toby and Dan discuss Rehan Ahmed, batting collapses, Ebadot Hossain and reflect on the Zero Ducks Given journey so far... Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
You wait twenty years for an England victory in Pakistan and then two come along at once...another thrilling win for Ben Stokes and the team broken down by the ZDG boys in their own unique way. Meanwhile, Finny has been part of the Sky Sports Cricket team during the Second Test wearing some questionable clobber and Dan is jetting off to join the Test Match Special team in Karachi, having been asked to bring over a few items. Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
It's Test cricket but not as we know it... England completed a frankly silly win over Pakistan earlier this week - Is it the greatest overseas victory of all time? Elsewhere, how to shine a cricket ball, our favourite cricketer Ebadot Hossain is being classic Ebadot and Finny talks about the bleakest end to a Test career ever. Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
Test cricket is back and England are back in Pakistan for the first time in 17 years. But it's not been plain sailing as the tourists have been hit by a pretty grim sounding virus.... And the new season domestic fixtures are out and as you can imagine Finny is delighted about the prospect of playing on the South Coast in early April... Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
Australia completed a 3-0 series whitewash over England in the most meaningless ODI series ever known. Finny, Dan and Toby discuss the madness of the current schedule and the future of 50 over cricket. Plus with Pakistan around the corner, the brilliant Aatif Nawaz returns to preview what to expect from the home side. Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
England Men are World Champions (again) after a thrilling victory over Pakistan as Finny, Toby and a drunk Dan (again) reflect on a brilliant final. Plus the team launch the "Cricket Teas World Cup" and there's some sad news from the world of English cricket. Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
And then there were four as the T20 World Cup semi-finals get underway. The team reflect on a classic South Africa choke against The Netherlands, England's progression throughout the tournament and just for once, Finny's international career gets a bit of love. Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
England's T20 World Cup hopes are just about still alive after a great win over New Zealand. Finny, Toby and a slightly inebriated Dan reflect on a huge result for Jos Buttler's team. They also discuss "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here" and the nicest man in cricket. Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
The T20 World Cup is well under way... but before the boys discuss that they get distracted, for a change, and talk about a few slightly more disturbing topics. Plus the team are excited to hear the news that the podcast is growing internationally... Sort of. Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
The T20 World Cup is underway but even before the boys get to that, all manner of topics discussed. It turns out that Dan is huge fan of Doctor Who, Finny gets mistaken for a footballer and there's an update on the quest to find Ethel a boyfriend. In cricketing matters, Scotland got off to a flyer by beating West Indies and the ZDG boys make their predictions as to who will win the trophy. Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
England are looking good ahead of the T20 World Cup just at the right time after a couple of win over Australia. But the series hasn't been without controversy after a clash between Matthew Wade and Mark Wood. Dan has hot-footed it from the 2nd T20 to join Toby and Finny minutes after the end for another episode as Finny discusses the importance of a united dressing room, central contracts and his greatest ever shot. And yes, more chat about Ethel and this time, we need the help of the listener. Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
Well, what a series that was! England won the final T20 to complete a 4-3 win over Pakistan and the boys discuss the current state of the squad ahead of the World Cup. There's also a long discussion about facial hair and a certain queueing footballer as well as another very welcome appearance by Ethel. Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
With Toby away and with Dan and Finny still annoyed that they weren't invited to the wedding, the fabulous Isabelle Westbury joins Zero Ducks Given to add a touch of class to the proceedings. They talk about the England mens team being in Pakistan, England women taking on India, stag and hen dos, beds and facial hair.
The English Test summer is over! Finny, Toby and Dan discuss the most bizarre and successful summer of cricket in a long long time and the impact of Stokes and McCullum. Finny talks about his recent knee operation in graphic detail, Dan is late because he's ordered a curry and forgotten about the podcast and we ask the question 'who's the worst cricketer the Queen ever met?'
Another chaotic week in the world of cricket and another chaotic podcast. Johnny Bairstow has been injured in a freak golf accident and half the World T20 squad is currently injured too. Meanwhile, Daniel and Toby cover all the other big topics including breakfast choices and crisps.
* Daniel and Finny have been getting along famously in recent days leaving Toby feeling left out. And if that wasn't enough, Daniel discusses borrowing another man's underwear... And in cricket, England got back to winning ways after a perfect performance against South Africa in the Second Test at Old Trafford. The ZDG team assess how Ben Stokes, Ben Foakes and newly confessed 'gym freak' Ollie Robinson helped their team to a comprehensive victory.
* After a week off, Toby, Finny and Dan return refreshed and raring to go. Breakfast, toilet doors, Darren Stevens, The Hundred, England v South Africa and much much more discussed in this episode of Zero Ducks Given. What else could you possibly want?!
* The various members of the ZDG team are all over the place this week so rather than let our one listener miss out on hearing from Finny, Dan and Toby, we're re-releasing a classic episode from earlier this year to keep the listener entertained. Back next week with a brand new episode.
* Not an episode for the faint-hearted as the team discuss gruesome injuries, major surgery and ingrown hairs. There is also some cricket chat as well including The Hundred, the England white-ball side and the Commonwealth Games. Plus Daniel is having a moan about his gruelling schedule...
* We've got a great guest on the podcast this week as Finny's former team mate Tim Murtagh joins us for a trip down memory lane. They talk about their time together at Middlesex, their recent struggles as captains and of course, their Test half-centuries... And Dan recounts his train journey from Durham to London.
* A very busy podcast this week with both England's men and women in action and the ODI retirement of Ben Stokes. The ZDG react to what this news means for the 50 over game. Elsewhere, a couple of our listeners have dug up some old magazine articles about our Finny...
* It has been a busy week for the England men and women this week - with contrasting results. It could be worse though, you could be Virat Kohli who continues to search for that elusive century. And Finny is the captain of Sussex this week! But he's facing another very flat wicket and he's not happy about it (surprise)
* Well this is getting silly now... Another record breaking England run chase and more Baz-Ball antics as they beat India to level the Test series 2-2 A (slightly tipsy) Dan and Toby react to the game. And is there a batsman even worse than Ebadot Hossain?!