* David Prutton is in for Mark Clemmit again this week, with another couple of all star guests on his virtual sofa! New QPR boss Neil Critchley, is currently adjusting to life in London and relishing the opportunity to manage in the capital, and in the week where the January transfer window closed at 11pm on Tuesday night, Michael Brown joins Prutts, to cast an eye over all of the biggest deals concerning players in the EFL.
* Mark Clemmit is taking a well earned break for two weeks, which means that David Prutton is hosting the official EFL podcast in his absence, and he's arranged a chat with two gentleman who know all there is to know about life in the EFL! Stoke City striker Dwight Gayle reflects on his latest challenge in the Potteries, and Barnsley manager Michael Duff assesses his chances of getting the Tykes promoted back to the Skybet Championship.
* It's a jam packed week of guests on the official EFL podcast, as Mark Clemmit gets to indulge himself with his beloved Boro! Club captain Jonny Howson discusses his side's charge up the championship table under new manager Michael Carrick, while in Skybet League Two, Swindon Town have pulled off a marquee signing in the form of Charlie Austin who's just returned from a spell down under with Brisbane Roar. It's also the EFL's annual week of action, so Clem chats to Liam Scully from the EFL Trust about the fantastic work being done by all 72 clubs up and down the country, and Lee Stewart describes first hand how his life has been changed by one such initiative at the stadium of light.
* On this week's official EFL podcast, Mark Clemmit is joined by two men who represent all that is great about the EFL. First up, Liam Rosenior who's doing an impressive job of turning things around on Humberside, and has lofty ambitions for his Hull side this season. Clem is also joined by Stevenage's charismatic gaffer Steve Evans, who's Skybet League Two side took all the headlines last weekend, when they dumped premier league Aston Villa out of the FA Cup, in what will surely go down as one of the proudest days in the club's history!
* Happy new year to you all from the official EFL podcast, and who better to join Mark Clemmit to discuss the year ahead and the ups and downs of the Christmas fixture list, than the rock n roll star himself, Wycombe's charismatic gaffer Gareth Ainsworth!
* On this week's special edition of the official EFL podcast, Mark Clemmit brings you a little compilation of the best of the guests so far this season, as we look back on the last 5 months in the Skybet Championship, League One and League Two that has been anything but dull!
* Who better to be Clem's seasonal visitor, than Sky Sports' very own David Prutton, delivering knowledge, insight and lemsip to our very poorly presenter. It would appear that rather than the air fryer and world peace he'd asked for, Clem's main present this year is a potentially deadly bout of manflu, but like the trooper that he is, he'll bravely battle on, barely mentioning his debilitating condition, as the two titans of talk have a full and frank assessment of where we are in the Skybet Championship, League One and League Two, as we approach Christmas and New Year!
* On this week's official EFL podcast, it's a full house for Mark Clemmit as he welcomes three wise men into his Christmassy studio in the season of goodwill. Burnley's Josh Brownhill describes life at the top of the championship, Matt Holland reflects on the respective plight of his former clubs Ipswich and Charlton, and Swindon Town's Scott Lindsey talks about life in the hot seat for the first time, at the tender age of 50!
* It's still a bit weird isn't it, with the World Cup entering the knock out phase, while we go out and buy Christmas trees, but returning to matters in hand, the EFL is back with a vengeance this weekend, so Mark Clemmit has invited in two esteemed gentlemen, to give us their thoughts on all of the above. After a very brief experience at Watford this summer, Rob Edwards is back with a fresh new challenge at Luton Town and one that he can't wait to get his teeth into, and the EFL legend that is Curtis Davies, has time for a quick natter with Clem about all the big stories this week, in his tea break at the training ground!
* It’s a slightly peculiar season at the moment, with the break for the World Cup and the FA Cup second round last weekend, that saw no domestic EFL fixtures played at all. It therefore seemed like a perfect opportunity for Clem to invite in two of his favourite EFL managers, to find out what life is really like in the hotseat of English football management! Sheffield Wednesday’s Darren Moore and Tranmere Rovers’ Micky Mellon are this week’s star guests, and it’s an eye opening chat with a more than generous helping of laughs thrown in as well!
* On this week's official EFL podcast, Mark Clemmit is joined by two men who know a thing or two about life at all levels within the English football pyramid! Lee Tomlin retired from football last week, following a career that took him from Rushden and Diamonds to playing under Eddie Howe in the premier league, a man who he describes as being one of the best coaches in the world! Elsewhere after an incredible career with Wycombe Wanderers, Matt Bloomfield has now stepped into management with Skybet League Two side Colchester United, and explains to Clem the very different responsibilities he now faces, as the man making the decisions.
* On this week’s official EFL podcast, Mark Clemmit sits down for a chat with the much travelled talent that is Connor Wickham, who’s now playing his trade with Forest Green Rovers. Plus, the ever entertaining Phil Brown, joins Clem to talk about the upcoming World Cup kick off, and cast his expert eye over all the big issues in the EFL this week.
* On this week's official EFL podcast, Mark Clemmit is joined by Millwall's brilliantly experienced and eloquent manager Gary Rowett, to give us some expert punditry across all 3 leagues, and to talk about how he and his team are going to handle the upcoming break for the World Cup in Qatar.
* On this week’s official EFL podcast, Mark Clemmit is back from his week off with a bumper crop of special guests joining him in his virtual studio! Nigel Clough brings us his brilliantly dry take on all the week’s big stories across the league, the EFL’s David Wetherall talks about the importance of youth development and player care to the future prosperity of the football pyramid, and Clem gets some top tips on eating well to perform like an elite athlete, from the foodie footballer Marc Pugh!
* On this week’s feature length episode of the official EFL podcast, Mark Clemmit is having a week off to celebrate his significant birthday, and off the bench is supersub David Prutton. Joining Prutts this week is Swansea City boss Russell Martin to discuss his side’s superb form of late, and while that hasn’t gone unnoticed by the rest of the league, Russell is keen to keep his men slightly under the radar and isn’t getting carried away. It’s all about ‘Rainbow Laces’ at this time of year, and Prutts is joined by the EFL’s brilliant head of EDI David McArdle, to talk about the activity that’s happening at clubs up and down the country, and after more than a decade in Australia, the former Sunderland and Leeds United legend Michael Bridges is back and making his punditry debut on the official EFL podcast. He was pretty special as a player, and as a pundit he’s equally top class!
* On this week’s official EFL podcast, Mark Clemmit is entertaining English football royalty in the form of QPR’s director of football, Sir Les Ferdinand! Elsewhere, Clem also gets to catch up with one of his favourite men in the game, Oxford United manager Karl Robinson for a spot of EFL punditry, and to discuss his ambitions to one day reach the milestone of 1000 professional league games as a manager.
* On this week’s official EFL podcast, Mark Clemmit is joined by Birmingham City manager John Eustace, to discuss life at St Andrew’s and what’s possible for the blues this season. Elsewhere, Clem also sits down with the brilliant Joe Thompson, to talk about the incredible way that he’s coped with all that’s been thrown at him over the last few years, and in addition to his inspirational and motivational attitude to life, he’s also a bit of a punditry pro as well!
* On this week’s official EFL podcast, Mark Clemmit is joined by Luton’s Henri Lansbury to talk mowing, planting, seeding and weeding as the hatters midfielder explains his love of gardening. It’s not all horticulture for Henri though, as there’s a bit of football chat sprinkled over the surface, and Clem is also joined by Leyton Orient manager Richie Wellens, to talk about his side’s impressive start to the season and to deliver some top notch punditry across all 3 divisions!
* It's been a week of managerial headline makers in the EFL, with record breaking tenures celebrated, short lived appointment shockers, and exciting new appointments such as Paul Warne's move to Derby County. Paul describes to Mark Clemmit how leaving Rotherham after so long at the club was one of the hardest decisions he's ever had to make, but how he simply couldn't turn down the chance to manage a club the size of Derby County. And casting his insightful eyes on all the week's big news is the one and only Phil Brown, who entertains and educates in equal measures as always!
* On this week’s official EFL podcast, it does exactly what it says on the tin! Clem is joined by top pundit Jobi McAnuff for a full review of the season so far as we enter the international break, and Plymouth manager Steven Schumacher discusses his side’s great start and how much he’s enjoying life in the sunny southwest!
* In the week that has seen the EFL and sport in this country as a whole pay their respects to Queen Elizabeth the second, David Prutton sits in for Mark Clemmit who is away for a week. Prutton’s guest is his Sky Sports colleague and Sheffield United Women’s forward Courtney Sweetman-Kirk, who provides some expert analysis on all the big ties across all three divisions, as the leagues return to normal this weekend.
* This week on the official EFL podcast, Mark Clemmit is joined by Dutch superstar keeper Tim Krul, to discuss his Norwich side's push for promotion back to the premier league, and what they've learnt from the past few seasons. Clem also welcomes Exeter City's brilliant head coach Matt Taylor, in a week that has seen the emotional return to the club on loan of young forward Jay Stansfield, who's regained the formerly retired No.9 shirt of his father Adam Stansfield, who tragically lost his battle with cancer in 2010.
* On this week's official EFL podcast, Mark Clemmit is joined by Portsmouth manager Danny Cowley, who knows a thing or two about winning promotion during his impressive career alongside brother Nicky. Clem wants to dig down on the secrets to their high flying success, in terms of man management, team bonding and instilling that winning mentality, as well as getting Danny's expert opinion on all the major issues across the EFL, and his thoughts on all this weekend's top ties in the Skybet Championship, League One and League Two!
* On this week's official EFL podcast, Mark Clemmit talks to Sheffield United's Ollie Norwood about how they plan to make promotion a priority this season, and the EFL's head of EDI David McArdle, explains the league's new initiative which encompasses a 5 year plan to improve equality, diversity and inclusivity within football in this country. Also joining Clem, is the brilliant Steve Evans who explains his Stevenage side's strong start to their Skybet League Two campaign, as well as providing some expert punditry on this weekend's games and all of the major talking points of the last week.
* On this week’s official EFL podcast, Mark Clemmit is joined by Preston North End manager Ryan Lowe, to talk about his side’s impressive start to the season in the Skybet Championship, as well as all the major talking points across all three Skybet leagues. And to highlight the launch of the EFL’s new equality, diversity and inclusion initiative ‘Together’, Clem sits down with Jarnail Singh, the league’s first Sikh referee, who’s now retired and the proud father of Sunny Singh Gill, who became the EFL’s first British south Asian referee for over a decade and since his father’s days, when he took charge of Northampton Town versus Hartlepool United in Skybet League Two last weekend.
* On this week’s official EFL podcast, Mark Clemmit has the pleasure of catching up with Reading’s Tom Ince, after he scored that worldie last weekend to make his dad super proud, and Mike Flynn’s Walsall sit top of Skybet League Two, with a maximum 6 points from their first two games!
* On this week’s official EFL podcast, Mark Clemmit has pulled out all the stops as he sits down with new Watford boss Rob Edwards about his big step up from Skybet division two to the championship. He also hears from Blackburn Rovers Ladies manager Gemma Donnelly, about proudly bringing through some of the Lionesses stars on their fantastic Euro winning successes last weekend, and sticking in the north west, Clem catches up with Barrow’s exciting new young manager Pete Wild, who hopes he’s found his perfect fit with the Cumbrian club.
* The summer break is over in the football world, and Mark Clemmit returns for a brand new full EFL season preview with Derby County captain Curtis Davies!
* It's that time of the year where we like to bring you a little compilation of the most memorable interviews that Mark Clemmit has done this season, so following our best of the guests part 1 which we gave you at Christmas, we hope you enjoy this part 2 episode as a little summer treat!